What a great first day salute from a fellow blogger! thanks!
Looking out my living room window at the kids and their parents waiting for the school bus, I am remembering my own first days—as a parent, and as a teacher. No one has asked, but I am prepared to say, “Thank these folks.”
- School Staff who are also parents of young kids: Many of them left their own kids in the hands of spouses, grandparents, and neighbors so they could be there for your kids.
- Those wonderful spouses, grandparents, and neighbors who stepped up for all working parents.
- The Boss who said, “It’s OK to come in late. Bring in photos!
- The municipal workers who protected my child.
- Your school’s: aides, nurses, social workers, office staff, janitors, bus drivers, crossing guards, and those truly wonderful cafeteria ladies.
- The school’s administrators, who got about an hour of sleep last night, if they were lucky.
- Your school’s teachers who are experiencing “the…
View original post 240 more words